Wednesday, September 18, 2002

A NEW YORK TIMES OP-ED I CAN AGREE WITH
It's not often I agree with something in the New York Times, but I agree with the crux of this THIS OPINION PIECE. Thomas Friedman says the reasoning behind American military action in Iraq should not be on preventing the use of weapons of mass destruction, but on preventing future 9/11's. Friedman writes, "So I am for invading Iraq only if we think that doing so can bring about regime change and democratization."

I couldn't agree more. When there is democracy, the rule of law, and capitalism in the Middle East, Americans will no longer have to concern ourselves with Islamic fundamentalism and terrorism.

THE WSJ BEST OF THE WEB TODAY commented on the NYT's opinion piece before I could. The WSJ also points out that the LEAD EDITORIAL makes the opposite argument on the preceding page.

You can use the username "sabertooth1" and password "sabertooth1," if you don't have a free New York Times password.